Services include but are not limited to . . .
AID, Inc. has a food pantry stocked with contributions from the general public and supporting organizations. Addtional foods and non-food items are purchased in bulk from the Great Plains Food Bank and local grocery chains.
Merchandise donated to the Thrift Shop is sold to generate income for the Help Center through the sale of clothing, household items, and furniture. The sales revenue is used for operational expenses and support of the Help Center and other AID, Incorporated programs.
Financial and non-financial assistance
- Rent assistance
- Deposit and application fee assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Food & non-perishable items
- Transportation for employment or medical reasons
- Assistance with driver’s license, birth certificates and other ID’s
- Household & clothing
- Childcare expenses
- Prescription needs (Excludes on-going presecriptions or narcotics)
- Eye glass assistance and eye exams
- Limited medical or dental
- CNA class fees
- Other services as determined through the interview process
How it works:
Set up an appointment with our Help Center and see how we may be able to assist you. Walkins are helped if time permits. All persons looking for help must have a valid ID and go through an interview process. If you are not eligible to get help from us, we can refer you to other organizations.
Please call the Help Center at 701-663-1274 ext.18
to schedule your appointment for needs assistance.
Hours of operation for the Help Center are: Monday-Friday 10 am to 3 pm
Food Pantry Hours are Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 3 pm.
Monday Food Pantry – no appointment needed 4:00-6:30 pm
“Lending a hand to those that help themselves.”
(701) 663-1274 ext.18
Tuesday: 9 am until 5 pm
Wednesday: 9 am until 5 pm
Thursday: 9 am until 7 pm
Friday: 9 am until 5 pm
Saturday: 9 am until 3 pm